I have been searching for a new Meme to participate in. I have tried some in the past, but it seems like after a few weeks into it, the suggested blogging topics don’t apply to me. Today, though, I found one that is general enough that maybe I’ll be able to keep up with it awhile!
This Sunday Seven meme is apparently one that had been started a while back, but had been discontinued. A lady who blogs at Instantly Mama has decided to start it back up again. I got acquainted with the writer of that blog during our adoption process, and she has a very neat family. They have already adopted three children, and are in the process of adopting another little girl from India soon.
Like I said, the Sunday Seven meme is fairly wide-open. To participate, each Sunday you list seven things about the coming week . The list can be things you’ll be doing, prayers your praying, things you’re thankful for, or just whatever. The goal is just to share a few things about your life and as a result get to know each other better. If nothing else, it will help me to plan my weeks better! 🙂 So, I will try out this meme for awhile and see if it is something that I will continue.
Here is my Sunday Seven installment for this week:
1. Saturday is Cosette’s birthday. I have all of her gifts, but I will need to wrap them in a few days.
2. I need to make this year’s stocking buttons. We have a unique Christmas tradition of adding buttons that symbolize something important for each person’s year onto the Christmas stockings. More about that tradition can be read here. This gives a fun history for each of our family members, but it does take some time to plan and actually make the buttons. So, that is a job I need to accomplish this week.
3. Along that same line, I need to give some thought to our family’s yearly Christmas letter. I finally got a fairly decent picture of the 5 kids that I need to get prints of to include with our Christmas cards as well.
4. I have several potential entries for this blog going through my mind. I kind of neglected posting last week with the holiday and all, so I will try to catch it up in the next few days.
5. Good News! John finished his Adoniram Judson research report yesterday! That means that I will need to grade it this week. Those research reports are big projects, so they require thoughtful grading. It’s also kind of hard not having anything to compare his report with!
6. I need to give both of our bathrooms a big, thorough cleaning. Not just the usual cleaning. Ick. I don’t look forward to that!
7. I plan on enjoying my family this week. I truly have been blessed with each one!